Closets Ideas & Inspiration
Closets don’t have to be all business and no play; there is an array of ways to add designer closets ideas for beauty and purpose. Whether you are in the market for a reach-in closet or a walk-in closet or an entire room as a closet, we’ve curated some of the best closets ideas to inspire your closet remodel or new build.
Here, we focus not only on organizational features but on those luxury and decorative features that make one’s heart sing. What fabulous features shall we include in your custom closet design?
Walk-In Closet Ideas
For those fortunate enough to have the space for a walk-in closet, there are limitless possibilities for making this space extraordinary.
- Turn an extra bedroom or odd space into a grand closet.
- Design your walk-in closet for your wardrobe—do you wear power suits for work, or do you work from home in super casual attire? You’ll want the configuration and features to match the clothing you own.
- Design your closet for your lifestyle—maybe you’re a runner and own 30 pairs of running shoes, or perhaps you are an outdoor enthusiast with loads of outerwear—you’ll want to design your closet to fit your items.
- If space permits, adding an island with a top in marble or glass and lingerie and jewelry drawers below is a must for your custom walk-in closet.
- Hang your purses on decorative hooks installed on the closet wall.
- Customize your closet with floor-to-ceiling shelving to house shoes, purses, and more.
- Include a vanity with a slipper chair or stool with large mirror or mirrored wall above for primping and preening.
- Strategic placement of mirrors will provide the most advantageous self-view before you leave for the day.
- Add a unique decorative dresser or high boy.
- Install a lingerie cabinet.
- Consider a clothing rack like they use for fashion shows to display your gorgeous gowns or dressier pieces.
- A slipper chair, ottoman, or bench will also further add to the full function and delightful décor of your dream closet.
- Keep a pretty trash can with a lid in an inconspicuous corner.
- Use matching premium hangers in sleek wood for men and velvet-covered hangers for women.
- Wallpaper the entire closet in a stylish flocked paper or the backs of individual cabinets or cubbies.
- Paint an accent wall with your favorite vibrant color or soft hue.
- Hang shoes, scarfs, coats or robes on the back of the closet door with decorative hangers.
- Display your most prized handbags, scarves or shoes in built-in cabinets with clear or etched glass panel doors fronts.
- Install a tri-fold mirror to view all your best angles and expand the space of your closet visually.
- Set up a beverage station for cocktails, water, juice, or coffee so you can libate while preparing for the day or bedtime.
- Hang your favorite floral or fashion style artwork.
- Add drapes or window coverings if you’re large walk-in has a window.
- Include a desk in your walk-in.
Reach-In Closet Ideas
- Install sliding glass doors so you can view all of your most beloved pieces.
- Double French doors make a terrific addition to a reach-in closet when installed to open outward.
- Bypass doors allow you to reach clothing easily on either side of the closet.
- Consider a pretty curtain on a decorative rod instead of a closet door.
- Make sure to include lots of rack space for those with work wardrobes.
- A multi-level display shelf works nicely for your most coveted bags, shoes, and jewelry.
- Multiple closet wall units can be installed the full length of a bedroom wall to give you immense reach-in closet space.
- Perch a bench or chair nearby to allow for sitting while putting on or taking off socks and shoes.
Ideas for Both Reach-In & Walk-In Closets
Consider the additional closet accessory features we can install in both reach-in and walk-in closets to make your daily routines more organized and your space more beautiful. These features include:
- Tilt-out hampers
- Adjustable shelves
- Velvet-lined jewelry drawers
- Sliding belt racks
- Tie and scarf racks
- Pull-out pants racks
- Glass shelves
- Open shelving
- Shelf dividers for sweaters and stacked items
While you’ll want to style and decorate your closet space, there are a few other closet ideas for reach-in and walk-in designs including:
- Organize strategically.
- Use wicker or canvas cubbies instead of built-in ones.
- Display your jewelry on the wall.
- Add an extender rod to double your hanging space.
- Add shelf dividers to store sweaters and stacked items more efficiently.
- Color-code your closet by grouping clothes, shoes, and accessories.
Let our closet remodeling experts in Houston, Texas, assist you in realizing your vision to make your life easier and more beautiful while incorporating some of the closet ideas we’ve shared above. Schedule your Complimentary Custom Closets Consultation today or visit our showroom at 12260 Gulf Fwy, Suite A1 Houston, TX 77034, to discuss the possibilities today!