The flooring type can make a big difference in the appearance of your project. There are many different types of flooring to choose from. Ceramic tile, hardwood flooring, laminate flooring, marble flooring, and cork flooring.
- Ceramic Tile. When you need a waterproof floor, ceramic tile is the best choice. It can be used as a floor tiles for indoors or out, or as counter tops. Some high gloss finishes tend to scratch over time while matte finished tiles hide scratches. Textured ceramic tiles are perfect for areas that see a lot of water due to the anti-slip factor.
- Hardwood flooring. One of the most popular types of flooring, hardwood flooring combines beauty and durability. This type of flooring comes in Maple, Pecan, Beech, Cherry, Oak, Pine, Birch and more. It provides a long lasting, wear resistant surface that could be refinished if necessary.
- Laminate flooring. Perfect for high traffic areas, laminate flooring is strong and easy to clean. It is chip, burn and scratch resistant and comes in a wide range of colors and patterns. It is very easy to install and extremely cost efficient.
- Marble tile. One of the most versatile materials to work with, marble can be used for flooring, walls, hallway columns as wells as sculptures. It is very easy to clean and maintain. However, marble is one of the most expensive flooring options.
- Cork flooring. This type of flooring is great for rooms like play rooms or areas that a high desire for comfortable walking or standing surface is needed. It is very springy when you walk on it.